Friday, December 5, 2008

The gypsies in my brain...

This is all HTT's fault.

HTT, for those who might not know, is the theater group that I was formerly a part of. Actually, I still kind of consider myself a part of it, even though I haven't officially been so since I worked the soundboard for their production of Arabian Nights several months ago. I am, however, planning to audition for the next play, so we'll see.

Anyway, thanks to them, gypsies are now a recurring theme in my novel ideas. The love interest of the main character in Dragon Boy (my aforementioned sort of secret novel idea that I'm super excited about - I mentioned it briefly in my last post)? A gypsy. The main characters of the new story I created for my How to Think Sideways course? Wandering performers that would probably be called gypsies were it set in the this world. Clearly, I've got gypsies on the brain. I blame HTT; they were so good that they've infected my mind. Curse you, curse you all.

In all seriousness, though, come on brain, get a hold of yourself. Of all the things you could be fixated on, suddenly it's "Let's write books about wandering nomads! :D Because that's clearly the easiest subject ever and doesn't require extensive historical research at all!" Really? Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment